Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Deals struck and struck

Who would oppose providing training in green jobs for current and former welfare clients?

23 members of the House did this morning, all but one of them Republicans.

And I thought the Gingrich revolution was about moving people from a welfare line to the work place.

Giving people an opportunity to enter a growing sector of the economy is apparently no longer a plank in the GOP platform.

----

Dozens of conference committees will meet over the next seven days. Three delegates and three senators will be asked to resolve the differences in a bill that were created by amendments put on the legislation after it crossed over to the second house.

Of particular interest to me are those for my bills.

My legislation creating a writ of innocence is one of them. I expressed my desire to serve on the conference committee.

“The difference here is over just a couple of words,” someone responded.

“I want to make sure the right thing happens,” I replied.

A discussion on someone else’s bill that’s headed to a conference committee revealed that a deal has already been struck as to the end result.

“You need a conferee who will keep the deal struck,” I replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment