Saturday, April 11, 2009

Thursday, April 9 – Little things and new things

Lots of little things can go wrong with your bills in the final week.

But not this session. Not so far, at least.

In fact, little things have been going right.

A hurdle was removed for my writ of innocence legislation when the Senate committee acted favorably on my bill and did not adopt the wordsmithing amendment it put on the Senate version.

We finally read the Senate amendment to the green jobs bill. It’s ok. So we won’t need a conference committee on that legislation.

So with fewer of my bills still to watch over, I’ve been given additional responsibilities.

In addition to the workgroup on the Preakness bill, I was appointed to the conference committee that will decide whether we should issue a driver’s license for people who don’t have the documents to establish legal presence in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment