Saturday, April 4, 2009

Entering the home stretch

A new entrant in the Pimlico bankruptcy stakes.

Except horse racing and the Preakness are not in Carl Versatandig’s plans for the race track site, according to Friday’s Sun. He wants to build a shopping center instead.

That prompted me to ask the Attorney General’s office if the State or Baltimore City could take certain steps to prevent the track from being razed.

I don’t want to go public with a proposal if it’s unworkable or unconstitutional.

My requests outnumber those from any other legislator, the AG’s office has also advised me.

----

My green jobs bill got a favorable report from the secondary committee, its chairman informed just before Friday’s floor session.

So I asked the Chief Clerk what steps had to be taken now to get the bill to the House floor.

Then I passed the details on to my colleague and co-sponsor on Appropriations, the lead committee.

On the General Assembly web site this morning, I read the good news:

HB 268 Status as of April 6, 2009: Bill is in the House - Favorable with Amendments Appropriations

On to the House floor and the final week of the session!

No comments:

Post a Comment