Saturday, April 4, 2009

Final days and delays (April 2)

It isn’t glamorous, but it’s what I need to do.

The green jobs bill should be on the voting list of the Economic Matters Committee (ECM) this afternoon.

So for this morning’s floor session, I wrote the names of the seven ECM subcommittee chairs on a file card. I spoke with five of them - and the committee chairman, about the bill. Positive responses from all.

---

The politics can get very local in the final days of the session.

A House committee or member will delay action on a Senate bill and a Senator will do likewise in response.

Or put another way, if you kill my cat, I’ll kill your dog.

So it was encouraging to see that 36 House bills, many of which were heard in my committee, Judiciary, got a favorable report from the Judicial Proceedings Committee yesterday and will be considered by the full Senate tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment